Green Cleaning Tips using Common
Products & Items
|When we were getting ready
ready to put the house on the market, I found these cleaning tips to be quite useful and
effective. Give them a try. Their use fits into a GREEN way of
It is an acid so it works wonders at removing scum, tarnish or mineral deposits.
- 1/4 cup Vinegar + 2 cups water + a drop or two of
liquid soap make an excellent window cleaning solution. Pour solution in spray
bottle. I used newspaper to clean the windows. Worked well.
|Cooking Oil - yes, I say cooking oil
I found that Natural oils, such as vegetable oil or Sunflower oil, were great for
scratches on wood furniture. Just a little dab and like magic the scratch
- Found this recipe for Furniture Polish: mix 2
cups olive or vegetable oil with the juice of 1 lemon. Use a baby diaper (clean of
course) to apply. Furniture will glow and scratches will disappear.
- It worked well to clean hands after a day of
painting. Just rub and wash thoroughly in warm water. Leaves your
hand soft too -- added bonus.
- Worked great in the kitchen to clean cabinet. Mix ½
cup borax in 1 gallon hot water. Put liquid into a spray bottle or leave in a
bowl. Apply directly to cabinet.
- Also used to clean the baseboards around the house.
- Apply to a clean cloth and apply to copper and/or
brass fixtures. Will leave like new.
- Cut a lemon in half. Drop in one half in the
garbage disposal. Run for a few seconds. Repeat with the other half.
Leaves the disposal clean and make the kitchen smell good.
- Mix lemon juice with 2 teaspoons cream of tarter to
make a paste. Using a toothbrush, apply to grout. Rinse.
Stains in grout disappear.
- Mix lemon juice with salt when you want an abrasive